Riley Jack's first day of Preschool

At the end of last school year, Michael and I began to discuss whether or not to enroll Riley Jack in some sort of preschool program. We didn't have to look far, my friend Kelly Bramblett attends First Baptist of Kennesaw and raves about their preschool/school program. Probably has nothing to do with the fact that she used to teach there. Never the less, the school came highly recommended. After dawdling for several weeks, I finally filled out the paperwork and turned it in at the beginning of July. They called us back to have Riley Jack tested. Little did we know that Molly Claire would come the evening of the day I took him in for testing. That same day, we discovered that there were no openings in the 5 day class we had wanted for him. So, his name went on a waiting list. If we changed our minds and wanted to go with the 3 day program, just let them know. Four or Five weeks went by and Michael and I decided that now was the best time to enroll him and three days a week would work out great. So off we went on the 21st of August to preschool orientation and to meet his teacher Ms. Mitchell. All went well, we even discovered that my principal, Dr Daniel's son is in his class. We are looking forward to a great year.
Cheesing

Riley Jack is styling in his packback...(this is what he calls it)


"Hurry mom I'm ready to go" The first day when I dropped him off in car line, he unbuckled his seat belt by himself, shut the van door and walked hand in hand with a teacher into the school without even saying goodbye. I'd say he likes school. When I picked him up, the biggest event of the morning was the fact that he went potty at school..."and mommy did you know they have little potties" Also, Riley Jack was very proud of the fact that he did not cry..."mommy, I didn't cry, thaniel cried all day mommy" I'm so proud of him, I'm glad we decided to go ahead and send him. Hey....it gives me a little break and some time to get to know who Molly Claire really is.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is great! Charlie loves pre-school. He starts back next week. Since I'm a teacher he's had to go this week to the teacher work days and he loves that too since he gets to see the same kids he saw last year. He gets so proud of the stuff he makes and brings home. I think pre-school is great...especially church ones since they also teach about God!