HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!

For the past two years....Labor Day weekend/Michael's birthday, I've had to compete with a softball tournament that Michael has played in with the church league. This was a big bummer last year when Michael turned 30. (I know, he is still such a baby). I wanted to throw him a big bbq with all of our friends and such. Well, I didn't let the softball tournament stop me this year. Because he wasn't expecting it, I turned it into a surprise party. The majority of his "guy" friends also play softball...so I planned it for Monday (September 1st) his actual birthday. My first mistake, was sending the invite through my school email address. I guess b/c of the firewall, I did not receive one response from anyone. I was beginning to think no one was coming.....(we ended up having about 25 people come). The second mistake was I planned it for 12:00pm. Michael's parents were in town visiting and I wanted them to be able to be there; yet still have plenty of time to get home to High Springs.

On Monday morning we are all loafing around the house(Michael did not get in from the softball tournament till 3am) when the time gets away from us and I couldn't get Michael to leave the house....you know for the big surprise. So around 11:30, Michael and dad are still in their pj's. Cheryl and I are running around trying not to be obvious that 25 people are about to arrive on our doorstep. Anyway....in the end, I had to just tell Michael, he needed to get upstairs and get dressed as his closest friends would be arriving soon to celebrate his birthday. We had a great time, dad manned the grill and we enjoyed lots of food and a fun time with our friends.



Singing Happy Birthday to Michael! I made red velvet cupcakes with creamcheese icing..yum yum

Our fabulous friends enjoying some food!

Diane getting her first peek at Molly Claire at Michael's party

Toyia and Holly (and Sarah Beth) enjoying each others company
Posted by Picasa

No comments: