Kennesaw Mountain High School - Teacher of the Year

On Friday April 23rd during the Honors Day Senior Assembly - Kennesaw Mountain awarded me the 2010-2011 Teacher of the Year. Of 165 staff 12 were nominated - Accepting this honor has been extremely humbling as there are many gifted teachers at Kennesaw Mountain High School.
Michael actually kept the secret for about 24 hours. Theresa- my lead teacher called him on Thursday morning sharing the information that it looked like I would win. Monday the nominees were announced and Wednesday the staff discovered there would be a run off between three teachers. The official count was determined late Thursday afternoon. Michael brought the kids and Cheryl. Kelly Bramblett came from Allatoona (she knew on Thursday too and kept it a secret) Riley Jack was so adorable as he walked down the aisle carrying a bunch of roses. MollyClaire carried flowers in her hand too. They made it to the front before I did. I was up in the bleachers with my students. MollyClaire and Riley Jack ran into my arms and all the students awed.... It was so cute. We walked up on stage and Dr. Daniel gave me the mic. Yikes. I assured the students their muffins would be ready on Thursday. Everyone clapped.





Dr. Daniel, Cheryl, Michael, Stephanie, Kelly, Theresa, Riley Jack and MollyClaire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stephanie, we are very proud of you. Kepp the pictures coming love them.

Love Ya',
Aunt Varita

Diana said...

Stephanie-
What an accomplishment! I am so proud of you!!!!! You are an inspiration to me!
Love,
Diana