Labor and Delivery...MC first bath...Hospital Days

Now that I have satisfied those that needed to see pictures, I'll try and remember all the details of Molly Claire's labor and delivery and the events that followed.

Wednesday morning, my sister Missy and her family(Fred and Baby Brooklynne) arrived in the wee hours after driving all night. They had vacation that week and had made plans with us previously to come for visit whether or not I had a baby by then. Obviously....no baby yet. I had my weekly appt that morning, and Missy and baby Brooklynne (her 6mth old daughter) joined me. Merrilee my midwife shared that I was about 4 1/2 cent and 80% effaced. She worked her magic and we left the office. We headed to Wal-Mart for a few items and I began to feel the first few twinges of uncomfortablness in my back. No biggy right, I'd been feeling twinges for three weeks. Same old thing.....right. Trying not to get excited we headed home and spent the early part of the afternoon just hanging out.

Around 2pm mild contractions started about 10 minutes apart. I texted Michael around 2:45 and told him he might want to come home. He never got that text. So.....I called him and told him that I thought today was the day......he made it home by 3:30...Hee Hee. Still not wanting to get ahead of myself....we leisurely got ready to go. I with Freddie's help finished putting dinner together, took a shower and threw some last minute things in our hospital bag. We left the house around 5pm. We left the boys in my sisters very capable hands. During our drive to the hospital, Michael's mom called and he misled her into believing he was on his way home from work......Alright he outright lied! We had not told anyone that we were in labor. We wanted to wait to make sure that when we got to the hospital all was a go and we would be having a baby that evening. We didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. It was kinda funny: I called the midwife on call on our way in to the hospital, well she must of alerted them b/c I didn't have to wait to check in, they told me to go right on up to labor and delivery and Michael would fill out all the paperwork. This was a much different experience than with Riley Jack...(he was a scheduled induction and we had to wait for a room)

The first order of business once I got into the room was getting me hooked up to penicillian b/c I had tested positive for GBS (group B strep) (very common in pregnant women, no big deal). They wanted to me to complete four hours of this treatment. I however, did not want to be tied to the bed......so the sweet nurse gave me an IV pole and I was able to walk around my room and the hallways and labor. Much better than being stuck in a bed. In one of the photos....Michael caught me pole dancing....hee hee. jk

As the contractions grew stronger....I didn't think I would be able to hold out till 10pm for them to break my water.....so, my midwife broke my water at 8:52 and Molly Claire was born at 9:08pm. Michael said I was whistling through the really strong contractions and I was climbing up the bed and sitting on the babies head. I do remember the midwife telling me I had to hold my legs and I told her I could not...I had a death grip on the side bars of the bed. Overall, Molly Claire's birth was a beautiful reality. I'm very thankful, I was able to be in control of my body and not have to have an epidural.....don't get me wrong, had I not been able to handle it I would have demanded one. My midwife told me I did a great job and that I had a high thresh hold for pain. Ha! She also told me I made cute little noises when I was in pain (whatever that means).

So.....there is our labor and delivery story.









After our arrival home at HOTEL BARBER......we enjoyed spending time with our family and the many friends that stopped by. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful circle of people who love us.

No comments: