A visit from Baba and Pop Pop

June 20th was scheduled as surgery day. Riley Jack was slated to receive his 2nd pair of tubes in his ears and also a possible removal of his addnoids. We went in Tuesday for his pre-op appt., and Dr. Parks left it up to me whether or not to proceed with the surgery. His ears looked great! Of course I said let's cancel. Cheryl and Buddy who planned on coming up for the surgery, came up anyway. Cheryl, myself and the boys had a great time swimming in the pool on Friday. Riley Jack was dying to show Baba that he could do it (swim) all by himself. We celebrated Jordan's 13th birthday with a fabulous dinner at Red Lobster. Jordan's favorite foods are steak and lobster....go figure.

After refinishing our hardwoods in the foyer and kitchen and adding new hardwoods to the half bath and new closet, Pop had the arduous task of putting back in the pedestal sink and toilet. The toilet went in just fine......the sink was a different matter. I had the bright idea of going ahead and painting the bathroom while the sink and toilet were still out....makes sense right? Nothing to get in the way. Anyway, after wiping down the walls and cleaning the baseboards, I wasn't allowed to paint. So......Buddy and Cheryl painted for me. Painting is their least favorite thing to do...I appreciate the job very much. Between the painting and Michael freaking out over getting paint on the hardwoods (it had not been sealed yet, b/c we had a water issue while putting down the new hardwoods), all is well and the bathroom looks great. Now if I could just get Michael to hang the mirror, the shelf and the two pictures, all will be complete.


I can do it BaBa all by myself!
Look at me, I'm swimming!!!!!
This is Riley Jack's cheese face. I can't get the boy to smile and look at the camera anymore.
Jordan is way too cool in the water.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: