Dwayne and Kara Goldman are on furlough after almost a year spent in Chelyabinsk, Russia. Last August, the whole family....Kara, Dwayne and their three kids; Manning, Brennan, and Abigail headed for their first leg of a three year stint as missionaries in Chelyabinsk. This place is very dear to Michael and my heart. In 1991 as a 16 year old, I traveled to Chelyabinsk on a "cultural" exchange program. We went to share Jesus, and share Jesus we did. 17 years later, the "seed" we planted is still being sown. In 1993, Michael and I went with the New Way Singers. A Florida State Youth Choir. In 2000, Michael and I went back with Kara and Dwayne to lead ministries for youth, dance and sports. Check out their blog spot. www.taleoftwosheep.blogspot.com
Andrei, the guy in the middle has served faithfully, since that very first trip, as a guide and an interpreter.
Michael and I are looking forward to spending a little more time with the Goldman's when they come back to visit us for a few days in early July.
Riley Jack enjoying his drink at Five Guys
Couldn't pass up this cute photo opportunity
Dawyne, Andrei, and Kara.....passing through on there way to Anderson, Indiana...Church of God Camp Meeting
Kara and I met the summer of 1998, after a New Way Concert.....it was forever friendship at first sight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment