13 YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP!
I wonder how many photos we have of the five of us together? Dozens probably. This is us standing on the dock of Grandma Bert's Withlacoochee River House! After much wishy washiness (is that a word) we decided to meet in FL. We stayed in Dunnellon at Grandma Bert's (Michael's late grandmother). Thanks Cheryl (Michael's mom) and Uncle Rudy for letting us stay there. While our time was short.....we managed to see historic Dunnellon, enjoy a fabulous dinner at The Ivy House, and witness a real live RODEO! Good ol' Williston (which incidentally, is where I taught my very first teaching job...thank you Williston Middle School and Ernie Korgein) was putting on a high school rodeo. This was my first opportunity to view such a sight. It was both entertaining and lively. I can't wait to go to another one. I hear J.R. Miller park here in Marietta, GA can put on a doosey of a rodeo. Anybody game? One memorable event of the evening, .......the slaying of one poor opossum. Sorry, little guy, but my brother taught me never ever and I mean never......swerve. So, I didn't. The racket as it went under the van was atrocious.
Sunday, we enjoyed a wonderful day basking in the sunshine at YankeeTown Beach. I was threatened with bodily harm.....if I posted any of the photos taken with us in our bathing suits. So....you will have to use your imagination. Thanks ED for sacrificing your time in getting the boat ready for us. Don't be too hard on yourself, the main purpose was for us girls to be together. (the original plan was to leisurely coast up the Withlacooche River, but there was a problem with Ed's boat) We feasted on a luncheon fit for Queens and eventually headed back to civilization. We parted ways shortly after and all but Terri feasted at The Front Porch know for it's delicious pies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment