Christmas Trip to Tennessee


Michael, Riley Jack, and I left to meet BaBa and PopPop
in Sevierville, TN (near Pigeon Forge) for Christmas. We
left the Saturday before Christmas. We enjoyed a very relaxing few
days. On Christmas Eve, we drove the winding road up to Cades Cove,
a 6,800 valley found in the Smokey Mountains. On our drive, we were able
to see some wildlife as well as some 19th century historic buildings.

We had not yet shared our
good news about the baby with the family. On the way up the mountain,
I sat in the back seat. I'm not prone to car sickness, nor have I thrown up
since I was four years old. Half way up, I began to feel very ill, you know that clammy
feeling you get right before you barf? I started swallowing with no help in sight.
I squeaked out for Michael to pull over, I caught my breath, and miraculously held all in. Whew! I blammed it on the winding curves, and Pop Pop let me sit in the front seat. Of course, not without commenting...."What was that morning sickness or something" Michael and I did not even look at each other for fear we would give our "secret" away. We all joked about the incident when we shared our good news, after we received the all is well from the Doctor.

No comments: